- What’s your business name and how did you choose it?
- The company's name is Atitlan Leather. The name Atitlan refers to Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, where our products are handmade by local artisans.
- How can I contact you?
- The best way to reach us is by email or chat. We are not always available to answer the phone. Here are all the ways you can contact us https://atitlanleather.com/pages/contact-us.
- How long have you been in business?
- We started operating in 2013.
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- We think the biggest thing that makes us stand out is our relationships built between who produces the goods and who sells the products. We operate on a very personal level. Companies that say they have “partnerships” in Mexico really just means they found a company that at minimum sells the values the company wants to emit to the public. I go to the house of the man who makes the products and eats with his family. I know for a fact he pays for his two girls to go to school and that they are leaders in the community. This isn’t just business, it’s personal which is one of the only ways to really know where our money is going.
- From where do you operate?
- We make our handmade products on Lake Atitlan and distribute them from Blaine, WA.
Boots and Belt Sizing
- Leather boots
- Our belts run true to measurement. If you want to assure you order the correct size, measure your waist where you wear your belt. That measurement, in inches, is the size you should order. EX: If your waist measures 34 inches, order a size 34. If it measures 35 inches, measure a size 34 because our belt does stretch a little bit, as all good leather does.
- If you would like more information about our leather money belts, please visit here: Best Handmade Leather Money Belt
Exchange & Return
- Do you allow refunds? If so, how long do customers have to contact you?
- Yes, we do. If the item is sent back within 30 days of purchase and arrives in the same condition that was sent to you.
- How do exchanges work?
- We will meet you in the middle. Meaning that if you ship the item back to us we will ship you the exchange size you need. We would love to provide a return shipping label and make your life as easy as possible, but as a small operation our shipping costs are high and there just isn’t enough in the margin to support that service.
- How do returns work?
- How do you ship my orders?
- That depends on the service you request. We offer on most items USPS first class mail and FedEx ground options. We can expedite orders and if you need it in two days for example, please contact us.
- How long does it take you to process an order before it is dispatched?
- Where are your packages shipped from?
- Your order will be shipped from a third-party warehouse that is located in Blaine, WA.
- Can I pick up my order?
- Yes, you can and it's free of charge. If you order in the morning we can most likely have it available the same day but don't go to pick it up until you receive confirmation as we still have to do a bit on our side before you can. The address of the warehouse is 1124 Fir. Ave. Blaine, WA 98230.
- Do you ship packages internationally?
- Absolutely. Things get a bit more expensive but we do offer a FedEx international mail service that is very reasonable. The catch is there's no tracking available for us and for that reason, we will not claim any responsibility for the package after it leaves the warehouse. But we do offer services such as FedEx international and USPS first class mail international which do have tracking. If for some reason the tracking from those services doesn’t deliver we will send you another item.
- What are the payment methods available? What payment methods do you accept?
- We support a wide variety of payment methods such as Amazon Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Paypal.
- Can I pay using Paypal without a Paypal account?
- How Can I Track My Orders?
- The day after your order ships you will be notified with a tracking number by email. We have a little tool here that you can use to track the packages if you have the tracking number - Track Your Order!
- Do you make custom items?
- Yes, we do! If it’s a small tweak in any of the products there is a $15 fee. For example, you don’t want a zipper or a buckle in any particular place. Maybe you might want to completely change the style to meet your own. Just contact us with a picture of what you have in mind and we’ll be happy to work with you!
- Handmade products take a lot of time and sometimes when we run out of stock it can take 1-3 months to replenish. If our customers pre-order, it really helps us know how many we need in stock. That's why when you pre-order we offer a 10% discount. If that is something you're not interested in, you can always sign up for our back in stock notification list that's located on the product page.